Friday, February 12, 2010

slacker...

Happy Friday to everyone!  I have been away and I am sorry.  I keep having these random "I should blog about that" moments and then I never actually get enough time to sit down at my computer.


Small recap on recent events-
  1. My dear friends, the Hendersons, welcomed baby Elijah into their precious family last month.  I went down on a Wednesday evening and had a nice long visit.  My heart is so full for my friends and the joy that little Elijah has already brought them.  (And HAPPY BIRTHDAY today, friend!)
  2. Bible study is amazing.  This study on David has been so informative.  David loved God through so many ups and downs.  I love, love, love this idea of seeking Him and not obsessing over your failures.
  3. I hosted my first ever Supper Club.  I don't think I took any pictures, but I had an incredible menu.  It took days of preparation, but it was worth it.  I served baked brie with almonds and apricot preserves, artichoke cups, spinach salad with strawberries and feta cheese, lobster ravioli with creamy tomato vodka sauce, and flourless almond cake with frangelico whipped cream.  YUMM.  I promise to get better about posting food pictures.  Does anyone have tips for getting great pictures out of an average camera?
  4. Chris and I had a blast at a friend's Super Bowl party.  We ended up being the only Saints fans and had oh-so-much-fun taunting our friends.  And I made some pretty awesome cupcakes.  Pictures to come...
  5. My parents are mid-way through their mission trip in the Philippines!  I have been praying for them daily and can't wait to hear the about the work that God has done through them on this trip!  They won't be getting back until the 15th, so pray for safe travels home!!!
That's all for now.  No updates on Operation Manolo... other than I found a pair that I fell in love with, but the timing still isn't right.  Dropped a hint to my husband that V-day would be a great time for the surprise, but alas I am sure that he's not ready yet.  (I love that the word "alas" is in my blog)


More posts soon!  I am cooking dinner at home for Valentine's day with my hubby.  It's our first real Valentine's day. =)


Oh, I wanted to leave you with something.  It has been resonating in me since I heard it in bible study on Tuesday night...
Psalm 62

For God alone my soul waits in silence;
from him comes my salvation.

He only is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken.

How long will all of you attack a man
to batter him,
like a leaning wall, a tottering fence?

They only plan to thrust him down from his high position.
They take pleasure in falsehood.
They bless with their mouths,
but inwardly they curse.
Selah
For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence,
for my hope is from him.

He only is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress; I shall not be shaken.

On God rests my salvation and my glory;
my mighty rock, my refuge is God.

Trust in him at all times, O people;
pour out your heart before him;

God is a refuge for us.
Selah
 Those of low estate are but a breath;
those of high estate are a delusion;
in the balances they go up;
they are together lighter than a breath.

Put no trust in extortion;
set no vain hopes on robbery;
if riches increase, set not your heart on them.

Once God has spoken;
twice have I heard this:
that power belongs to God,
and that to you, O Lord, belongs steadfast love.
For you will render to a man
according to his work.


No comments:

Post a Comment